Saturday 5 December 2009

Proposal-Kurt

I am going to be producing a horror film with the help of my friend also working on the project, so that with the combination of our ideas, our film heads in a more stronger direction of being successful with two people in control of the project. The audience for our film is for teenagers 18 and above, as our film will deal with spiritual and frightening issues, which would not be fit for people under that age. It will be for both gender as the film will revolve around a group of Boys and Girls.
Throughout the project as well as just making the finished result of a film, I will have to build up the right amount of advertising needed in order for the film to do well. And using this knowledge of the trailers for movies and the promotion needed, I will incorporate this into my work so it’s proper. I will be using the computer, and programmes such as Microsoft publisher to plan out designs of magazine spreads and posters and the layout. With the use of a digital camera I shall use it to take my photos. I will use Photoshop in order to manipulate images, so that they fit the genre of film I’m looking forward to make, experimenting with colours and so on. I will verify that the correct locations are used to that our pictures are used to the effect intended for our genre and don’t stand out for the wrong reasons. I will also enhance pictures if i feel needed to, and experiment with the amount of light I want in my photos as well as important positions i want objects or people in my images to stick to. Body posture and facial expression will have to convey a particular type of meaning so the purpose of my film is made clear.
I will use Microsoft PowerPoint in order to do case studies so that I can grasp the full extent of to what aspects need to be absorbed when looking at films and the particular type of genres. I will carry out a survey and experiment with film titles, and see what my intended audience think of the title meanings, so that I can see from their point of view what they take into their own perspective and glean what the titles genre could be, or what audience it’s for.
I will use Polaroid cameras, to film the film, on tripods, so that our camera will have the right height, the right balance, as it won’t look messy by a person filming as he holds it only in his hands, and will help to make the film appear more to professional standards. Although breaking the rules sometimes to give people a different incentive by using the effect of the moving camera hand held by a person, is a way of establishing a degree of panic and realism with the person, this will not be a worthy way in which to conduct our film, as it doesn’t centre on one particular individual in the film or actually move about that much with not a huge load of different place sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment